An Incident Support Analyst is now required to join a busy, thriving IT support company who support a leading organisation within it's sector which is set to turnover £1billion this year.
The Incident Support Analyst will responsible for assisting the support desk analysts in the daily use of any computer hardware and related software packages and will need to be technically sound using SQL to find faults and resolve queries.
The successful candidate will act as second level support dealing with any problems that arise and answering any questions the customers may have. If you are unable to resolve the issue then you delegate it to the relevant team.
The key accountabilities for the Incident Support Analyst:
• Act as a buffer between 1st line and other teams or departments
• Resolving calls that were unable to be fixed initially by the 1st line team
• To liaise with 3rd line business partners in support of the above.
• To liaise with both software and hardware technicians to resolve issues.
• To be aware of Service Level Agreements and act accordingly.
The Incident Support Analyst will ideally express:
• Good working knowledge of SQL
• Previous experience of working in a busy support desk environment
• Persistence in dealing with difficult tasks over a period of time and showing perseverance in reaching an objective despite obstacles.
• Commitment to delivering a high quality Support Desk and demonstrating empathy.
• The ability to maintain effective work performance, remaining calm when under pressure.
• Ability to work conscientiously and efficiently within own work routines paying attention to detail to minimise errors.
• Flexible thinking style to problem solving
• Good communication skills, don't be afraid to as questions to clarify understanding
• Listening attentively to users and pass information accurately and effectively.
• Understanding of the different functions of the business and work within the standard operating procedures, rules and regulations.
• Being flexible when required in terms of working hours.
• Knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage
The Incident Support Analyst will be working in a truly grand building set in Meriden working a 40hr week Monday to Friday. If this sounds of genuine interest please contact Andrew Kibble on 0121 230 9111 to discuss in more detail.